Thursday, March 9, 2017

Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #7

Good morning!  I don't think I've ever been so excited to share a new Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge with you, so I'll get right to it.  This month the challenge is "CASE a Designer".  I think it is so fun!
Permission to CASE one of my talented Design Team members...yes, please! The hard part was choosing which card to CASE. Honestly, it was excruciating trying to narrow it down to just one.  Finally I let the recipient be the deciding factor.  My sister celebrates her birthday this month.  She loves purple and teal and flowers, so the obvious option was to CASE this incredibly beautiful card from my teammate Emily Midgett from our very first celebration challenge.  (It is absolutely worth your time to check out all the details on her gorgeous card HERE.)
I just know my sister is going to love this, and it makes me all giddy inside.  I didn't change hardly a thing from Emily's card.  Why mess with perfection?!  Now I will admit that in the process of making this card I asked my husband why in the world I chose to create something so difficult for me.  Watercoloring is not my forte, but I love it, so I decided to stick with it since I knew that studying Emily is exactly what I need to do more of if I want to improve. She is a miracle worker with Zig markers.    
I white embossed the beautiful cake from Concord and 9th's Happy Day stamp set, watercolored with my Zig's, and cut it out. (I forgot to run it through the Happy Day die before coloring and was too afraid to run it through after in case I accidentally cut it wrong.) I embossed the flags from Happy Day straight onto the cardstock, blended some white ink around the cake to highlight it a bit more, and added the sparkler stamps and a few sequins.  
Now you must go check out all the other Designers cards for Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #7.  My teammates are SO talented!  Oh, I hope you will play along with this challenge.  It was a blast for me, and I think you'll love it, too!  And you just might be the lucky winner of a Concord and 9th gift certificate.  Plus, you won't want to miss some new announcements on the blog.  We are saying a few teary goodbyes and a few happy hellos.  I hope today finds you happy and well.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Mmm chocolate cake, So pretty Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every card of yours is swoon worthy! Thanks for being my muse for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how PRETTY Lindsey!! And now I want chocolate cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just scrumptious, Lindsey ... those gorgeous blooms are so pretty ... your sister will love it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to go and have a look at the card that inspired your fun card with the beautiful chocolate cake, Lindsey!!!! And I love your CASE of Emily's card!!!! Your watercolouring is great and that cake looks perfect!!!! I really like the wonderful combination of colours and the sparkles and fun little flags you added!!!! For sure your sister is going to love this fun card just as much as I do!!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an yummy cake! Love that you chose chocolate for the frosting--looks awesome with the beautifully colored blooms!

    ReplyDelete